TORAN 3® - Single-stage pre-treatment
SINGLE-STAGE, ROOM TEMPERATURE pre-treatment process, with no VOC emissions, no rinsing, no pre-degreasing, no creation of wastewater or sludge, developed to prepare metallic surfaces for coating.
The unique and innovative anhydrous process is based on organic high-boiling fluids and guarantees degreasing as well as immediate protection against oxidation, leading to excellent performances in the finishing cycle.
The TORAN 3® treatment is a valid, less expensive alternative to phospho-degreasing and phosphating and passivating processes.
The process is particularly effective for mineral oils and cutting fluids and is compatible with both liquid and powder coatings.
TORAN 3® is a «multi-metal» system, i.e. it is fit for treating different metals, even at the same time. These include:
- Light alloys
- Galvanized sheets
- Steel, galvanized steel, electro-galvanized steel and stainless steel
The system is delivered READY TO USE and operates AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- Tunnel application: low-pressure spray (flow coating) or dip
- Treatment time: 60 – 90 seconds
- Draining: 5 minutes min.
- Drying: 8 – 10 minutes at 130 – 140°C
TORAN 3® is made of polymers and special additives dissolved in a specific mixture of organic fluids. As the product dries, the polymers cross-link to cover the item with a very thin, continuous, three-dimensional conversion film that facilitates the coating’s grip and increases the corrosion resistance of the coating cycle.
The resulting organic polymer film is approximately 1 micron thick. Not only it offers an effective protection against corrosion, but it also possesses the distinctive characteristic of absorbing the oily contaminants on the item’s surface, up to a maximum of 1.5 gr/m².
By absorbing oils and greases and trapping them on the metal inside the polymer’s three-dimensional structure, the process does not generate waste but rather converts contaminants into an active part of the process.
Therefore, the product does not need to be replaced, affording the system a near-unlimited longevity. The only operation required is the refilling of the treatment bath, adding fresh product to the tank.
TORAN 3® guarantees an excellent coating grip as well as high corrosion resistance on non-ferrous materials.
Salt spray tests (ISO 9227) show that the process performs better than phospho-degreasing and similar to a combination of phosphating and passivating processes:
- Excellent corrosion resistance on aluminum: over 1000 hours
- Excellent corrosion resistance on iron coated with epoxy, TGIC polyester or mixed powders: up to 800/1000 hours
- Good corrosion resistance on iron coated with TGIC-free polyester powders: up to 400 hours
ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
- Not flammable (flash point >100°C)
- Free from V.O.C., solvents, metals, acids, bases, surfactants or pollutants
- Classified as not dangerous to people or the environment in accordance with current European regulations
- Anhydrous process: no water required
- Room temperature system: no heating required
- Environmental friendly: no discharge, no water pollution
- Safe technology: the user never touch the product
- User friendly: easy to use in simple, compact single-stage plants
- Maintenance friendly: no need for daily analyses or controls to be carried out by the operator, nor for cleaning and maintenance of the tunnel
- Energy consumption reduction
- Process cost reduction
- Sludge and wastewater disposal cost reduction
- Minimization of environmental impacts
- Improvement of the workplace safety
- Compatibility issues with cataphoresis and anaphoresis treatments
- Not a pickling agent nor a rust converter: does not remove hydroxides nor oxides of any kind (laser cut, extrusion)
- Does not remove animal oils, paraffins, waxes, silicones, deep drawing oils and greases with high softening points